Do you have significant fatigue or Parkinson’s disease? Did you experience a knee injury (ACL, meniscus, arthritis)? We have an immediate need for qualified participants for a number of current studies.
Participant criteria and compensation vary depending on the study. Learn more about our current studies below.
Directions To The Lab
1. From 30th Street, turn into Creighton Medical Center at the VISITOR PARKING AREA sign (Intersection of Webster and 30th).
2. From the visitor parking area follow the cement walkway downhill to the Boyne Dentistry Building.
3. Elevators are inside to the right of the entrance of the Boyne Dentistry Building. Take elevator to FIRST FLOOR.
4. Exit elevator, turn LEFT then RIGHT down short hallway. Rehabilitation Science Research Laboratory 108 is straight ahead (OPEN DOUBLE DOORS).
5. To get to 139, turn RIGHT down the hall and then LEFT. 139 is the first room on your RIGHT hand side.
Test muscle strength of the legs through various exercises. Undergo electrical stimulation of leg muscles or of the scalp. Measure muscle fatigue and recovery from fatigue. Qualified participants will be compensated between $50 and $360.
The study includes three research groups:
- Subjects with Parkinson’s disease between 40-75 years of age and have leg fatigue after walking
- Subjects without Parkinson’s disease between 21-30 years of age
- Subjects without Parkinson’s disease between 40-75 years of age
To take part in this study, participants must be willing to:
- Complete an activity profile, medications list and relevant medical history
- Attend from one to three testing sessions within a six-week timeframe
- Test muscle strength of the legs through various exercises
- Undergo electrical stimulation of leg muscles or of the scalp
- Measure muscle fatigue and recovery from fatigue
We are conducting research to better understand knee injuries and physical therapy interventions to improve function. We examine strength, movement biomechanics and function. We are looking for people 12-65 years old who have had ACL or meniscus injuries, as well as people with knee arthritis. You should not participate in the study if you have a cardiac pacemaker or are pregnant. Qualified participants may receive a stipend of $10 to $125 per study visit.
Contact us for more information.
We are conducting research to better understand knee injuries and physical performance. We examine strength, movement biomechanics and function. We are looking for healthy people 12-65 years old who do not have a history of knee injury. You should not participate in the study if you have a cardiac pacemaker or are pregnant. Qualified participants may receive a stipend of between $10-125 per study visit.
We want to examine whether the palpation meter can be used to examine pectoralis minor length in women diagnosed with breast cancer. Qualified participants will receive a $50 Target or Walmart gift card. The expected duration of this study is 45 minutes.
To take part in this study, we are looking for participants who meet the following criteria:
- Women ages 18-70
- Previously received treatment for unilateral breast cancer (stages 0-III) in the Omaha and Council Bluffs regions within the past 3 years
- Completed primary breast cancer treatment (surgery, radiation, chemotherapy)
- No recurrence of cancer
We are conducting a study to determine factors that contribute to low back and lower extremity pain during and after pregnancy. Qualified participants will receive between $50-75 for each testing session.
We are recruiting two groups for this study. You may participate if you are between 19 and 50 years of age and are either:
- A healthy female with no history of a severe lower extremity or trunk injury who has never been pregnant
- Currently pregnant (first or second trimester) with no history of lower extremity or low back surgery and no contraindications to moderate exercise