The Department of Physical Therapy has actively engaged in seeking funding opportunities and publishing or presenting scholarship in the areas of educational research and rehabilitation science research to improve the human experience through their different scholarly agendas. The following scholarly achievements occurred from January – April 2021.
- Furze J, Smith S, Goulet C. Chapter 7: Neuromuscular System: Examination, Evaluation, and Diagnoses. In Effgen SK. Meeting the Physical Therapy Needs of Children, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA, FA Davis; 2021. https://www.fadavis.com/product/physical-therapy-meeting-pt-needs-children-effgen-3
Peer Reviewed Manuscripts
- Biaggi K, Farmer B, Hobson M#, Self C, Grindstaff TL. Shoulder strength and range of motion in healthy collegiate softball players. J Athl Train. 2021 Jan 22. doi: 10.4085/301-20
- Lorenz D, Bailey L, Wilk K, Mangine B, Head P, Grindstaff TL, Morrison S. Current clinical concepts: Blood flow restriction training. J Athl Train. 2021; DOI: 10.4085/418-20
- Chaput M, Palimenio M#, Farmer B, Katsavelis D, Bagwell JJ, Turman KA#, Wichman C, Grindstaff TL. Quadriceps strength influences patient function more than single leg forward hop during late-stage ACL rehabilitation. Intl J Sports Phys Ther. 2021;16(1):145-155. PMCID: PMC7872464
- Kuenze C, Bell DR, Grindstaff TL, Lisee CM, Birchmeier T, Triplett A, Pietrosimone B. A comparison of psychological readiness and patient-reported function between sexes after ACL reconstruction. J Athl Train. 2020;56(2):164-9. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-0034.20
- Jaffri A H. Lynch M, Saliba SA, Hart JM. Quadriceps Oxygenation During Exercise in Patients with Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Journal of Athletic Training. 2021; 56 (2): 170–176. https://meridian.allenpress.com/jat/article/doi/10.4085/1062-6050-0415.19/450401/Quadriceps-Oxygenation-During-Exercise-in-Patients
- Hartley GW, Rapport MJ, Osborne R, Briggs MS, Jensen GM. Residency Education: Is It Now or Never?, Physical Therapy, pzaa225, https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/pzaa225
- Scheets PL. Hornby TG. Perry SB, Sparto P, Riley N, Romney W, Fell D, Kugler K, Nordahl T. Moving Forward, Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy. 2021; 45 (1): 46-49. doi:10.1097/NPT.0000000000000337
- * Kyvelidou, A., Koss, K., Wickstrom, J., Needelman, H., Fisher, W.W., DeVeney, S. Postural control may drive the development of other domains in infancy. Clinical Biomechanics. 2021; 82:105273. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0268003321000036?casa_token=jT2dr64UDpIAAAAA:eFEtpJ6nvoucvgqe5hL1uOQyi_hp8P2i9Ze4VwA7sYzv1-K90hFeLH0DDkWQ2GTbDfYCbftm82A
- Snyder K, Rech J, Masuda K, Dinkel D. Perspectives of infant active play: a qualitative comparison of working versus stay-at home parents. BMC Public Health. 2020; 21(250):1-9. https://link.springer.com/epdf/10.1186/s12889-021-10286-x?sharing_token=fG_7UnqAlmXgADnXs-ZCFm_BpE1tBhCbnbw3BuzI2RMJZeO5ZHZUUzixjBhDvaf5P1eD0A8zzP9kHSjcnJ4811FnhKGfCyZ3evg0rZdB73OD1mkbjRrqsh3Jl1S-IQTTB6DEjeDCD0UHV81nizDPRF1CPzJXFFWnynKjKIcv2lA%3D
- Snyder K, Worlton G. Social Support During COVID-19: Perspectives of Breastfeeding Mothers. Breastfeeding Medicine. 2020; 16:1. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/bfm.2020.0200.
- Dinkel, D., Lu, K., John J., Snyder, K., Jacobsen, L. A Cross-Sectional Examination of Physical Activity, Sedentary Time, and Sleep Between Adults With and Without Children in the Home Using National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2021; 18(4):391-399. https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2020-0490
- Snyder K, Peterson J, Bargstadt-Wilson K. “No One Told Me About This Part”: What Breastfeeding Women Want and Need to Support Their Physical Health. Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy. March 12, 2021 Volume Online First - Issue. doi:10.1097/JWH.0000000000000195
- Beran-Shepler K. Looking Backward and Forward: Achieving Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice. American Physical Therapy Association. Published Feb 17. 2021. https://www.apta.org/article/2021/02/17/looking-backward-and-forward-achieving-interprofessional-education-and-collaborative-practice?_zs=HUbfV1&_zl=RAHQ7
- Santasier A, Wainwright S, Jensen G, Huhn K, Jette D, McCallum C. Education Research: How to Begin your Journey (Mini-GAMER). Preconference Workshop. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Watkins M, Furze J, Jensen G, Lebec M, Jain T, Rindflesch A. RE-7099 Engage and Assess: Combining Pedagogy and Productivity through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Education Session. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Jensen G, Segal R, Chesbro S, Bell K, Selbeski C, Osborne R, Jernigan S. ED-6701 Blazing the Trail: Developing the Next Generation of Education Researchers. Education Session. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Jaffri AH, Koldenhoven RM, Baellow A, Park J, Hart J, Hertel J, Saliba S. Intrinsic Foot Muscle Function Impairments in Chronic Ankle Instability Group Compared to Healthy. Platform Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Furze J, Chen C, Timmerberg J, McGee P, Schreiber J. PD-7146 Diane Cherry Forum: Competency-Based Education: the Wave of the Future?. Education Session. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Tao H, Reilly M, Allen A, Deering A and Prinsen S. Reliability analysis of a modified, ballet specific balance error scoring system for high school dancers. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Swift MC, Gilbert M, Bennett JE, Loudon JK. Reliability and Validity of Visual Assessment of Hamstring Strength during the Nordic Hamstring Exercise. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Peterson J, Black L, Hartley G, Christensen N, Jensen G, Mostrom E. Outcomes of Resident Education: Exploring Learner Development during Residency Education. Platform Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Periera A, Morrison C, Bargstadt-Wilson K, Peterson J, Snyder K. Pelvic Health Literacy in Postpartum Women: A Comparison in Household Income. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Morrison C, Snyder S, Bargstadt-Wilson K, Peterson J. From the Core to the Floor-Pelvic Health Literacy in Postpartum Women. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Seibel C, Knight H. Advocating for knowledge translation: High intensity gait training in a large hospital system. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Peck K, Allen S, Bedenbaugh L. 40-Year History of Clinical Practice & Newly Developed Standards of Education for Animal Physical Therapy. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Swanson P, Harms A, Farmer B, Knight H, Grindstaff T. Normative Data for the Concussion Balance Test (COBALT) in Healthy Collegiate Athletes. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- DeHope J, Bassett D, Chamberlain M, Kyvelidou A, Magrini M, Farmer B, Grindstaff T. The Effects of Cueing on EMG Activity during a Quadriceps Setting Exercise. Poster Presentation. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. Virtual Conference. February 2021.
- Kyvelidou, A. Motor awkwardness in childhood - etiology, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. Hellenic Republic Ministry of Education and Religions, Greece. February 2021.
- Hammond K, Grindstaff TL, Slivka, D. Molecular Biomarkers of Myogenesis From a Bout of Isokinetic Exercise Following One Year of Recovery From ACL Reconstruction. 04/01/2021- 03/31/2022. Dr. George F. Haddix President’s Faculty Research Grant. Creighton University, Omaha, NE. Funded for $15,000.
- Knight H, Peterson J, Reilly M, Furze J, Jensen G. Knowledge to Action: Implementation of a Clinical Reasoning Blueprint through Professional Development of Healthcare Educators, 2021-2022 TLC Development Grant. Creighton University, Omaha, NE. Funded for $1,970.
- Somers K, Jessen J. Assessment of Interprofessional Learning Through a Situational Judgement Test, 2021-2022 TLC Development Grant, Creighton University, Omaha, NE. Funded for $1,779.36.
- Snyder K. Peterson J, Bargstadt-Wilson K. Application of the Multiphase Optimization Strategy (MOST): targeting pelvic floor dysfunction in rural postpartum mothers. Team Development Pilot Grant, National Institute of General Medical Sciences, U54 GM115458, which funds the Great Plains IDeA-CTR Network. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.” Funded for $25,000.