The Department of Occupational Therapy has produced numerous publications for their grant research from pediatrics, to student educational experiences, to the scope of human occupation. Below are projects since May 2020.
Grants Awarded (since May 2020)
1. Abbott, A.A. (PI), Jewell, V.D., Shin, J., Russell, M., Carlson, K., & Storm, H. (2020). Transcription Accuracy for Improved Intervention Fidelity. College of Nursing. Creighton University. $750.
2. Moore, C. & Miller, V. (2020). Interdisciplinary Approaches to Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD): Best Practices in Alaska. Alaska IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (Alaska INBRE) Curriculum Development Award. $14,170.
Publications (since May 2020)
1. Holm, S. E., Stutz-Tanenbaum, P., & Greene, D. (2020). What Drives Engagement in Professional Associations? A National Survey of Occupational Therapy Students. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (3). https://doi.org/10.26681/jote.2020.040301
2. Rossow, J., Starr, B., North, K., Stevenson, M. & Lampe, A. (2020). Occupational Therapy’s Role in Establishing Inclusive and Air Travel. Occupational Therapy Practice, 25 (6), 27-2
3. Coppard, BM, Mu, K, Domina, A, Thinnes, A, Becker, S. (2020). A Historical Cross-Professional Perspective on the Fellowship in Occupational Therapy. Journal of Allied Health, 49(2) 109E-117E.
4. Marinschek, S., Pahsini, K., Aguiriano-Moder, V., Russell, M., Plecko, B., Reininghaus, E. Z., Till, H., & Dunitz-Scheer, M. (2020). Efficacy of a standardized tube weaning program in pediatric patients after successful repair of their esophageal atresia-tracheoesophageal fistula. European Journal of Pediatrics [in press]
5. Lally, K., Schultze, M., Ehresman, H., Lohman, H., & Jewell, V.D. (2020). Bundling Initiative and Quality of Care in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasties. Open Journal of Occupational Therapy.
6. Morrow, N., Townsend, B., Jewell, V.D., Lampe, A., & Qi, Y. (in press). Retrospective Analysis of Graduates’ Outcomes in a Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education.
7. Kerr, L., Jewell, V.D., & Jensen, L. (2020). A Systematic Review of Stretching Interventions for Post-Stroke Spasticity, Hand Function, and Functional Tasks. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 74(5).
8. Bowyer, P., Munoz, L., Tiongco, C.G., Tkach, M.M., Moore, C.C, Burton, B., & Lim, D. (2020). Occupational therapy, cancer, and the Model of Human Occupation: Impact of the Introduction of the Model of Human Occupation (MOHO). Australian Journal of Occupational Therapy in press.
9. Jewell, V.D., Abbott, A., & Knezevich, E. (2020). Utilizing A Diverse Stakeholder Group to Build a Patient-Centered Type 1 Diabetes Research Agenda. Diabetes, 69(Supplement 1). https://doi.org/10.2337/db20-2228-PUB
10. Holm, S.E., Nelson, K., & Patterson, A. (2020). Acute care practice in the United States: The roles of occupational therapy and physical therapy in early rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Medicine, 30(3), 240-249.
11. Patterson, A., Lohman, H., Bahle-Lampe, A., Mu, K., Greiner, B., Qi, Y., & Bracciano, Al. (2020). Meeting global rehabilitation needs: The development and evaluation of an international visiting rehabilitation student program. Journal of Allied Health, 49(2), 99-105. https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/asahp/jah/2020/00000049/00000002/art00006
12. Watson, C. (2020). The Effectiveness of the Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration MNRI® Method on the Occupational Performance of Individuals with an Acquired Brain Injury” has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Neurology and Neurobiology.
13. Holm, S. E., Stutz-Tanenbaum, P., & Greene, D. (2020). What Drives Engagement in Professional Associations? A National Survey of Occupational Therapy Students. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (3). Retrieved from https://encompass.eku.edu/jote/vol4/iss3/1
14. Qi, Y., LeVan, T., Haynatzki, G, & Farazi, P. (in print). Development of an Integer-Based Risk Score to Predict 90-Day Mortality After Hepatectomy in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma. American Journal of Clinical Oncology.
15. Jewell, V.D., Capistran, K., Flecky, K., Qi, Y., & Fellman, S. (accepted). Use of the Morse Fall Risk Assessment to Predict Falls in Acute Care Hospitals. Occupational Therapy in HealthCare.
16. Fields, B., Rodakowski, J., Jewell, V.D., Arthanat, S., Park, M., Piersol, C.V., Niemiec, S.L., Womack, J., & Mroz, T. (2021). Informal caregiving and aging-in-place in the United States: Advancing the value of occupational therapy. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 75(6).
17. Jewell, V.D., Russell, M., Feiten, B., & Ludwig, E. (2020). Occupation-based coaching as a novel intervention for families with a young child with type 1 diabetes. OT Practice, 25(7), 16-19.
18. Greiner, B. Patterson, A. Mu, K., Schumacher, M., Qi, Y, (accepted). Occupational Therapy Doctoral Students’ Attitudes toward Evidence Based Practice. Rehabilitation Medicine
19. Qi, Y., LeVan, T., Haynatzki, G, & Farazi, P. (in print). Development of an Integer-Based Risk Score to Predict 90-Day Mortality After Hepatectomy in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma. American Journal of Clinical Oncology.