Creighton University faculty and students continue to demonstrate commitment to the profession through the advancement of evidence-based practice through research and scholarship. Recent publication highlights include:
AOTA Presentations for AOTA’s INSPIRE virtual conference:
1. Carlson, K., Abbott, A., Jewell, V., Shin, J., & Russell, M. (2021, April 15). Establishing inter-rater agreement for the Occupation-Based Coaching Fidelity Measure [Poster presentation]. American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Annual Conference and Expo. [Virtual].
2. Harkey, L., Jung, S., Newton, E., & Patterson, A. (2021, April 21). Patient satisfaction with telehealth in rural settings: A systematic review. American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference. [Virtual].
3. Jewell, V., Feiten, B., Abbott, A., Knezevich, E., Schultes, S. (2021, April 16). Utilizing participatory action research strategies to increase stakeholder engagement in type 1 diabetes research [Poster presentation]. American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Annual Conference and Expo. [Virtual].
4. Russell, M., Marinschek, S., & Sisneros, C. (2021, April 23). Tubes at the table: “The Graz Model of Tube Weaning” and its interprofessional focus of transitioning children off feeding tubes. American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference. [Virtual].
1. McCarthy, M., & Hogan, A. (2021-2022). Professional Diversity in Occupational Therapy: A Historical, Critical, and Forward-Looking Analysis. George Haddix Grant. $14,997
2. McCarthy, M., Thinnes, A., & Nemeth, K. (2021-2022). Discerning the Impact and Utility of an Auditory Hallucination Simulation Experience on Increasing Empathy in First Year Occupational Therapy Students. Teaching and Learning Center Grant.
3. Impact of COVID-19 on Family Quality of Life and Healthcare Access for Families with a Child with Diabetes. American Occupational Therapy Association, Intervention Research Grant. $50,000
4. Schoening, A.M. & Thinnes, A. (2021-2022). Measuring Outcomes and Exploring the Perceived Benefits of Participating in the CIPER Associates and Scholars Program; Teaching and Learning Center Grant.
5. Thinnes, A., (2021-2022). The ReFoCuS Program: An Effective Means for Cultivating Occupational Therapy Fellows? and Physical Therapy Residents’ Well-Being? Teaching and Learning Center Grant.
6. Thinnes, A., Spellman, C. (2021-2022). In Pursuit of An Authentic Opportunity for Occupational Therapy Students’ Clinical Skill Acquisition in Behavioral Health Service Provision. Teaching and Learning Center Grant.
1. Bonzani, P., Jewell, V. D., & White, B. P. (2020). A Comparison of Modified Team-Based Learning and Lecture-Based Instruction in Occupational Therapy Education. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (4). Retrieved from https://encompass.eku.edu/jote/vol4/iss4/6.
2. Coppard, BM, Mu, K, Domina, A, Thinnes, A, Becker, S. (2020). A Historical Cross-Professional Perspective on the Fellowship in Occupational Therapy. Journal of Allied Health, 49(2) 109E-117E.
3. Feldhacker, D., Wesner, C., Yockey, J., Larson, J., & Norris, D. (2021). A game-based, interprofessional approach to teaching social determinants of health: A randomized controlled pilot study. Journal of Interprofessional Care, https://doi.org/10.1080/13561820.2020.1850660
4. Greiner, B., Patterson, A., Mu, K., Schumacher, M., & Qi, Y. (2020). Occupational Therapy Doctoral Students’ Attitudes toward Evidence Based Practice. Rehabilitation Medicine, 30(5), 405-412.
5. Harkey, L.C., Jung, S., Newton, E.R., & Patterson, A. (2020). Patient satisfaction with telehealth in rural settings: A systematic review. International Journal of Telerehabilitation, 12(2), 53-64. https//doi.org/10.5195/ijt.2020.6303
6. Hickey, J., & Feldhacker, D. (2021). Primitive reflex retention and attention among preschool children. Journal of Occupational Therapy Schools & Early Intervention, https://doi.org/10.1080/19411243.2021.1910606
7. Ikiugu, M., Feldhacker, D. & Molitor, W. (2020). Psychometric Properties of the Meaningful and Psychologically Rewarding Occupation Rating Scale: A Pilot Study, Occupational Therapy in Mental Health, DOI: 10.1080/0164212X.2020.1852148
8. Kemp, E., Domina, A., Delbert, T., Rivera, A., & Navarro-Walker, L. (2020). Development, Implementation and Evaluation of Entry-Level Occupational Therapy Doctoral Capstones: A National Survey. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (4). Retrieved from https://encompass.eku.edu/jote/vol4/iss4/11
9. Lavine, D., Jewell, V.D., & Greiner, B. (2021). Preliminary exploration of caregiver stress responses after a child’s premature delivery. Journal of Occupational Therapy, Schools, & Early Intervention, https://doi.org/10.1080/19411243.2021.1875387
10. Luebben, A., Royeen, C., & Mu, K. (2020). Non-standardized Tests. In J. Hinojosa & P, Kramer (eds.), Evaluation in Occupational Therapy: Obtaining and Interpreting Data. AOTA Press.
11. Main, E., Michaud, C., Kellar, A., Wondra, K., Jewell, V.D., Wienkes, T., & Coppard, B.M. (2021). The Occupation-Centered Intervention Assessment: Bridging theory and practice in fieldwork education. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 5(1), https://encompass.eku.edu/jote/vol5/iss1/10
12. Morrow, N., Townsend, B., Jewell, V. D., Bahle-Lampe, A., & Qi, Y. (2020). Retrospective Analysis of Graduates’ Outcomes in a Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (4). Retrieved from https://encompass.eku.edu/jote/vol4/iss4/12
13. Rossow, J., Starr, B., North, K., Stevenson, M. & Lampe, A. (2020). Occupational therapy’s role in establishing inclusive and air travel. Occupational Therapy Practice, 25 (6), 27-2.