2018 Alumni Notes
It has been a busy 2018 for our SPAHP alumni:
- Susan Cleghorn, OTD’15, was elected a Distinguished Fellow of the National Academies of Practice (NAP) in Occupational Therapy. An NAP Distinguished Practitioner, Scholar or Policy Fellow is a high honor that acknowledges outstanding achievements. Distinguished Fellows are recognized leaders in their profession, and their colleagues in other NAP academies recognize their ability to help establish and lead their new academy in the days to come.
- Congratulations to Heather Javaherian-Dysinger, OTD’04, and Patricia Laverdure, OTD’12, who were named to the AOTA 2019 Roster of Fellows. The Roster of Fellows(established in 1973) recognizes occupational therapists whose knowledge, expertise, leadership, advocacy, and/or guidance have made significant contributions over time to the profession, with a measured impact on consumers of occupational therapy services and/or members of the association.
- Maj Burke Wilson, PharmD’13, was an honoree for the 2018 Rising Star award on Oct. 5. Next-Generation Pharmacist Awards is a national program that recognizes remarkable pharmacists, student pharmacists, technicians and industry advocates who are defining the future of pharmacy with their leadership, passion and commitment to patient health.
- Harry W. Alcorn Jr, BSPha’80, PharmD, was appointed chief medical officer of DiaMedica Therapeutics. In his new position, he oversees global clinical development and regulatory initiatives.
- Patricia Laverdure, OTD’12, is one of the faculty members at Virginia Commonwealth University who will be overseeing a $1.07 million grant to work with students, teachers and families to support children with disabilities. The five-year U.S. Department of Education grant awarded by the Office of Special Education Programs will be used to train 40 occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech language pathology students at VCU and Longwood to collaborate with school staff to increase participation among students with disabilities.
- Jenny Tilleman, PharmD’02, was awarded the 2018 National Community Pharmacists Award, Pharmacy Leadership Award at the Nebraska Pharmacists Association Annual Convention in June.
- Jamie Johnson, PharmD’09, and Chase Johnson welcomed a baby boy, Reed James Johnson, born on Feb. 13, 2018.
- Heather Knight, DPT’08, was presented the Creighton University Physical Therapy Educator of the Year award by the class of 2019.
- Lou Jensen, OTD’09, was presented the Creighton University Occupational Therapy Educator of the Year award by the campus class of 2020.
- Janel Meis, OTD’11, BSHS’11, was presented the Creighton University Occupational Therapy Educator of the Year award by the campus and distance class of 2019.
- Kristin Wolter Baxter, PharmD’11, and Robert Baxter welcomed a baby girl, Evelyn Christine Baxter, born on Jan. 21, 2018.
- Erin Santiago, PharmD’12, BSHS’12, and Hector Santiago welcomed a baby girl, Stella Layne, born Feb. 2, 2018.
- Jim Perry, BSPha’91, has been elected to the 2018 International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (IACP) Board of Directors by the IACP membership. IACP is an association representing more than 4,000 pharmacists, technicians, students and members of the compounding community who focus upon the specialty practice of pharmacy compounding.
Have news to share? Email SPAHPARO [at] creighton [dot] edu.