Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats are full, we may not have the ability to interview additional qualified candidates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
The fall 2018 PTCAS application is NOW LIVE.
Important Deadlines for Fall 2018 Admission
- Preferred Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Creighton Undergraduate Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Final Deadline: January 15, 2018
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats are full, we may not have the ability to interview additional qualified candidates.
A minimum of 90 semester hours or 136 quarter hours are required before entering the program. Prerequisite courses may be completed at any regionally accredited institution and must be completed with a grade of C or better (a C- grade is not acceptable).
Students applying to the program who do not hold a bachelor degree must identify their major emphasis of study and satisfactorily complete three upper-level courses (nine semester hours) toward that major prior to matriculation. Strong academic performance is considered paramount; the degree of emphasis is secondary.
To apply, submit an online application through PTCAS, a physical therapy centralized application service, and submit the following:
- An official transcript must be received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s). All fall/winter term 2017 transcripts should be directed to PTCAS. All spring/summer 2018 term transcripts should be directed to the School’s Office of Admission.
- Three letters of recommendation (one recommendation must be from a physical therapist). We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends.
- Proof of a minimum of 60 hours of observation supervised by a physical therapist.
- Submit official GRE scores through PTCAS. Use GRE school code 7757. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT GRE scores submitted directly to the School.
- International applicants must submit a foreign transcript evaluation to PTCAS, through an evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Personal interviews are required in the admission process. Qualified applicants will be notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
Interview dates for the 2017/2018 admission cycle:
- October 27th
- November 10th
- January 19th
- February 9th
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission.
A selection system exists in which the Physical Therapy Admission Committee selects the applicants it considers best qualified for the study and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science GPA, GRE score, recommendations, applicant statement, and interview.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program welcomes international applicants. Due to F1 Visa requirements and processing timeline, we also require that all prerequisite coursework be completed by no later than July 1 prior to enrollment. Click here for specific information about international student requirements and exam scores in addition to basic admission requirements.
Public Safety Report
The safety and well-being of students, staff, and faculty are primary considerations at Creighton University. The annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report provides information on institutional policies concerning security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual violence, emergency response, fire safety and other matters. The report also includes statistics for campus crime reported over the past three years. Click here to download a copy of this report. You may also obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 2204 Burt Street, Omaha, NE, 68178, or by telephoning 402.280.2104.