Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats are full, we may not have the ability to interview additional qualified candidates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Important Dates for the Fall 2020 Admission Cycle
- PTCAS Launch Date: July 3, 2019
- Early Decision Deadline: August 15, 2019
- Preferred Deadline: October 1, 2019
- Creighton Undergraduate Deadline: October 1, 2019
- Final Deadline: January 15, 2020
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats are full, we may not have the ability to interview additional qualified candidates.
Learn more about program timelines by watching this video:
A minimum of 90 semester hours or 136 quarter hours are required before entering the program. Prerequisite courses may be completed at any regionally accredited institution and must be completed with a grade of C or better (a C- grade is not acceptable).
Students applying to the program who do not hold a bachelor degree must identify their major emphasis of study and satisfactorily complete three upper-level courses (nine semester hours) toward that major prior to matriculation. Strong academic performance is considered paramount; the degree of emphasis is secondary.
To apply, submit an online application and all supporting materials through PTCAS, a physical therapy centralized application service, which includes:
- An official transcript must be received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s).
- All fall/winter term 2019 transcripts should be directed to PTCAS.
- All spring/summer 2020 term transcripts should be directed to Creighton University Enrollment Services.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- One recommendation must come from a licensed physical therapist.
- We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends.
- Proof of a minimum of 60 hours of observation supervised by a licensed physical therapist.
- Submit official GRE scores through PTCAS. Use GRE school code 7757. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT GRE scores submitted directly to the School.
- International applicants must submit a foreign transcript evaluation to PTCAS, through an evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Early Decision Information
Creighton participates in the Early Decision process. To be eligible to apply for Early Decision, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Apply and provide all supporting application materials to PTCAS by August 15, 2019.
- Have at least 16 graded hours of our required prerequisite science coursework completed by August 15, 2019.
- If admitted, all remaining prerequisite coursework must be completed with a C or better, without withdrawals or multiple attempts to complete remaining coursework. Any earned grade less than a C or withdrawal from a prerequisite course will result in an application re-evaluation by the admission committee.
Learn more about general PTCAS Early Decision rules and information.
Personal interviews are required in the admission process. Qualified applicants will be notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
2020 Personal Interview Dates
- September 13, 2019 (Early Decision)
- October 25th, 2019
- November 1st, 2019
- January 17th, 2020
- January 24th, 2020
- March 6th, 2020
Learn more about interview day by watching this video:
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission.
A selection system exists in which the Physical Therapy Admission Committee selects the applicants it considers best qualified for the study and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science GPA, GRE score, recommendations, applicant statement, and interview.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program welcomes international applicants. Due to F1 Visa requirements and processing timeline, we also require that all prerequisite coursework be completed by no later than July 1 prior to enrollment. See specific information about international student requirements and exam scores in addition to basic admission requirements.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff are primary considerations at Creighton University. The Creighton University Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and Violence Against Women Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes and fires, as well as institutional policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting, and other matters. This legislation seeks to make college campuses safer through the disclosure of such information, and to assist applicants in making enrollment or employment decisions based upon that criteria.
You may download a copy of this report by accessing the following website: Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. You may also obtain a free paper copy of the report at the Public Safety office at 2222 Burt Street, Omaha, NE 68178, or by contacting Public Safety at 402.280.2104.