Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats are full, we may not have the ability to interview additional qualified candidates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Important Dates for the Fall 2021 Admission Cycle
- PTCAS Launch Date: June 17, 2020
- Preferred Deadline: October 1, 2020
- Creighton Undergraduate Deadline: October 1, 2020
- Final Deadline: January 15, 2021
Prerequisite course requirements and course completion deadlines can be found on the Doctor of Physical Therapy Prerequisites Page.
To apply, submit an online application and all supporting materials through PTCAS, a physical therapy centralized application service, which includes:
- An official transcript received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s).
- All fall/winter term 2020 transcripts should be directed to PTCAS.
- All spring/summer 2021 term transcripts should be directed to Creighton University Enrollment Services.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- One recommendation must come from a licensed physical therapist.
- We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends.
- Proof of a minimum of 60 hours of observation supervised by a licensed physical therapist.
- Due to COVID-19, applicants will be considered for an interview prior to completion of observation hours. Admitted candidates will be required to complete the minimum number of observation hours by August 1, 2021.
- Official GRE scores submitted through PTCAS. Use GRE school code 7757. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT GRE scores submitted directly to Creighton University.
- We will accept GRE test dates from October 1, 2018 to January 1, 2021. Applicants are highly encouraged to take the GRE no later than September 2020.
- International applicants must submit a foreign transcript evaluation to PTCAS, through an evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Personal interviews are required in the admission process. Qualified applicants will be notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
2021 Personal Interview Dates
- September 18, 2020
- October 9, 2020
- November 13, 2020
- January 22, 2021
- February 19, 2021
- March 19, 2021
*Because of COVID-19 interviews will be virtual until further notice
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission.
A selection system exists in which the Physical Therapy Admission Committee selects the applicants it considers best qualified for the study and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science GPA, GRE score, recommendations, applicant statement, and interview.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program welcomes international applicants. Due to F1 Visa requirements and processing timeline, we require that all prerequisite coursework is completed by July 1 of the year of enrollment. Click here for specific information about international student requirements and exam scores in addition to basic admission requirements.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff are primary considerations at Creighton University. The Creighton University Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and Violence Against Women Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes and fires, as well as institutional policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting, and other matters. This legislation seeks to make college campuses safer through the disclosure of such information, and to assist applicants in making enrollment or employment decisions based upon that criteria.
You may download a copy of this report by accessing the following website: Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. You may also obtain a free paper copy of the report at the Public Safety office at 2222 Burt Street, Omaha, NE 68178, or by contacting Public Safety at 402.280.2104.