Alan W. Chock, PharmD, RPh
Adjunct Associate Professor
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Pharmacy Practice
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice
- Sports pharmacy
- Pharmacy Practice
- Adjunct Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor, Clinical Educator, Creighton University (7/2002 - 12/2013)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Clinical Educator, Creighton University (12/2013 - 5/2015)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Clinical Educator, Creighton University (5/2015 - present)
- O’Brien K, Chock AW, Shea J. An overview of hypoglycemia. US Pharm. 2012;37:50-56.
- Chock A, O’Brien K, Stading J, Shea J. Educating community pharmacists about stroke risks and primary stroke prevention. US Pharm. 2011;36(2):67-77 [ACPE 2 hour continuing education].
- Lenz TL, Monaghan MS, Chock AW, Stading JA. Controlling diabetes: teaching patients to take charge. Pharm Times. 2010; http://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/issue/2010/October2010/RxFocus_EAG- 1010.
- O’Brien K, Chock A, Opere C. An overview of glaucoma management for pharmacist. US Pharm. 2010;35(4):52-61 [ACPE 2 hour continuing education].
- Chock AW, Packard KA, Ohri L. Comment: Fatal intracranial bleed potentially due to a warfarin and influenza vaccine interaction. Ann of Pharmacother. 2009;43:1913 [Letter].
- Chock AW, Stading JA, Sexsen E. Food and lifestyle interactions with warfarin: a review. US Pharm. 2009; 34(2): 28-39.
- Stading J, Herrmann J, Walters R, Destache C, Chock A. The impact of pharmacist intervention on diabetes patients in an ambulatory setting. Diabetes Spectrum. 2009;22(4):241-6.
- Stading JA. Effects of prednisone on the International Normalized Ratio. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2006; 63: 2354-6. [Correction of co-authors: Chock A, Faulkner MA, Skrabal MZ. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2007 64:130.]
- Chock AW, Stading JA. Indeterminable International Normalized Ratio with concurrent use of warfarin and gatifloxacin. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2006; 63(16): 1539-42.
- Stading JA, Chock AW, Skrabal MZ, Faulkner MA. Development of diabetes after gatifloxacin therapy. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2005; 62(21): 2293-5.
- Destache CJ, Chock A, Gong V. Antibacterials and acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis - Issues for formulary decision makers. Dis Manage Health Outcomes. 2002; 10(6);333-6.
- Destache CJ, Chock A. Outpatient Antibiotic for Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis (AECB) Patients Admitted to the Hospital. P&T Community 2002; http://www.formkit.com/education/grampositiveposters/Chock.pdf.
- Stading JA, Walters R, Chock A, Kuhlmann V. Impact of pharmacist intervention on monitoring in long term oral amiodarone therapy in the outpatient setting. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, 2010; 45(DEC); 3-069.
- Stading JA, Chock AW, West VM. Warfarin resistance in a patient with hyperparathyroidism. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. 2008; 43(DEC): P35D.
- Stading JA, Chock AW, Skrabal MZ, Faulkner MA. Case Report of Prednisone and Warfarin Interaction Leading to an Increase in the International Normalized Ration (INR). ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. 2005; 40(DEC): P37D.
- Chock AW, Stading JA. Undetermined international normalized ratio and rising prothrombin time with concurrent use of warfarin and gatifloxacin. ACCP Annual Meeting. 2005; OCT: P388.
- Stading JA, Chock A, Skrabal MZ, Faulkner M. Development of diabetes following a ten day course of gatifloxacin therapy. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. 2004; 39(DEC); P114D.
- Packard KA, Craig TL, Chock A. Role of a pharmacist in coronary heart disease risk assessment and patient education at an African American community health program. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting 2002; 37(DEC): P-209E.
- April 2007 “Clinical Pearls: Emphasizing the Basics of Warfarin in Outpatient Practice,” 1-hour continuing medical education power point presentation at the annual Nebraska Academy of Physicians Assistant meeting, Kearney, Nebraska.
- April 2005 “Educating Patients who are New to the Anticoagulation Clinic: A Brainstorming,” 30-minute power point presentation at the pharmacy practice research development seminar, Omaha, Nebraska. June 2002 “Antibiotic selection in acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (AECB) patients admitted to the hospital,” 20-minute power point presentation at the Annual Mid-West Residency Meeting, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Pre-Pharmacy and Chemistry, Creighton University 1993 - 1997
- Pharm.D., Creighton University 1997 - 2001
- Residency, Pharmacy Practice (ASHP accredited), Creighton University Medical Center (St Joseph Hospital) 2001 - 2002
CertificationsBLS certifications APhA Immunization certification
- Chock, Alan W. Y., Packard, Kathleen A., Ohri, Linda K. Comment: Fatal Intracranial Bleed Potentially Due to a Warfarin and Influenza Vaccine Interaction, Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 43, 1913, 2009
- Stading, J. A., Hermann, J., Walters, R., Destache, C. J., Chock, A. Impact of pharmacist intervention on diabetes patients in an ambulatory setting., Diabetes Spectrum, 22, 241-246, 2009
- Chock, A., Faulkner, M. A., Skrabal, M. Z. Effects of prednisone on the International Normalized Ratio (vol 63, pg 2354, 2006), American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 64, 130-130, 2007
- Chock, A. W. Y., Stading, J. A. Indeterminable International Normalized Ratio with concurrent use of warfarin and gatifloxacin, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 63, 1539-1542, 2006
- Stading, J. A., Chock, A. W., Skrabal, M. Z., Faulkner, M. A. Development of diabetes after gatifloxacin therapy, American Journal of Health System Pharmacy, 62, 2293-2295, 2005
- Chock, A., Gong, V., Destache, C. J. Antibacterials and acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis - Issues for formulary decision makers, Disease Management and Health Outcomes, 10, 333-336, 2002
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Anticoagulation Diabetes mellitus Chronic disease management
Current Research Projects
- Anticoagulation and clinical teaching