Angela L. Patterson, OTD, OTR/L
Director, Master of Science in Rehabilitation/Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- Dr. Patterson currently specializes in international occupational therapy programming. She also participates in interprofessional education.
- Occupational Therapy
- Assistant Professor
- Graduate School
- IPE 412 China Honors Interprofessional Program
- IPE 413 Developing Care for Vulnerable Populations
- MSR 503 Introduction to Occupational Therapy
- MSR 663 Experiential Education
- OTD 390 Level IB Fieldwork
- OTD 460 Clinical Education Seminar I
- OTD 461 Clinical Education Seminar II
- OTD 481 Level IIA Fieldwork
- OTD 490 Level IC Fieldwork
- OTD 491 Level ID Fieldwork
- OTD 571 Level IIB Fieldwork
Angela Patterson, OTD, OTR/L is an assistant professor in the Department of Occupational Therapy at Creighton University. She is the Director of the international Master of Science for Rehabilitation and Master of Science for Occupational Therapy programs. Dr. Patterson is an alumni of Creighton University graduating with her BSOT in 1999 and OTD in 2015. She was a practitioner with Alegent Health specializing in neuro rehabilitation, outpatient, seating and positioning, acute care, and ergonomics for 15 years. At Creighton, her role is focused on global health care and interprofessional education. Dr. Patterson serves as an instructor for the China Honors Interprofessional Program. The China Honors Interprofessional Program consists of faculty and students from the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions and the School of Nursing traveling to China to provide interprofessional health services to hospital patients. Additionally, Dr. Patterson serves on the board for the Porto Clinic and as the faculty mentor for occupational therapy students providing services with physical therapy at the Porto Clinic. Dr. Patterson provides support for international program development for all Creighton health science programs.
- BSOT '99, OTD, '15
Physical Agent Modalities
- Patterson, A. (2016, November). Master of Science in rehabilitation and Master of Science in occupational therapy. Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People of Republic of China., 2016
- Mu, K. & Patterson, A. (2016, November). Meeting the rehabilitation needs in China through international collaborations. China Rehabilitation Education Conference, Yantai, People of Republic of China., 2016
- Patterson, A. (2016, March). Occupational therapy’s role in cognitive rehabilitation. Kunming Medical University, Kunming, People of Republic of China., 2016
- Carrico, C. & Patterson, A. (2015, October). The use of student portfolios as a guide for reflection and learning in an IPE immersion course. Collaborating Across Boarders, Roanoke, Virginia., 2015
- Mu, K. & Patterson, A. (2015, February). Facilitating interprofessional and culturally-competent patient care through international immersion experience. Global Health Conference Midwest, Omaha, Nebraska., 2014
- Patterson, A. & Mu, K. (2013, October). The principles for the splint application after hand injury. Presentation at Rehabilitation Symposium, Hebei, People of Republic of China., 2013
- Patterson, A. & Mu, K. (2013, October). Wheelchairs and seating and positioning. Presentation at Rehabilitation Symposium, Hebei, People of Republic of China., 2013
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Cultural competence in global health care.
International occupational therapy practice.
Current Research Projects
- Occupational and physical therapy students’ attitudes toward the use of evidence-based practice.
The effect of Chinese Students' perceptions on cultural competency after participation in a three month healthcare education program in the United States.
- Alegent One Awards, Alegent, 2011