Welcome to the exciting Omaha metropolitan area. With the amenities of a large city and the friendliness of a small town, Omaha is a wonderful city to call home while you are pursing a degree in pharmacy, physical therapy or occupational therapy.
The school assists pharmacy, physical therapy and occupational therapy students with off-campus housing options, relocation information and finding roommates.
Health Sciences Roommate List
If you are interested in being on the roommate list, please complete this form. View the listing, which is updated weekly beginning in April. The list is for all programs in the health sciences, and distance students located across the country, primarily Omaha, Denver, Phoenix and Anchorage, are designated accordingly in the list linked below.
Check back for additions if you are still searching. If you would like to be removed because you have completed your search, please contact Shawn Cook at shawncook [at] creighton [dot] edu.
Off-Campus Housing Options
SPAHP provides information on listings below only as a resource, and does not approve or endorse any particular option. Creighton University Residential Life and Housing has additional resources for an off-campus housing search.
Creighton is located in Downtown in an area undergoing major revitalization. The Old Market area (5-minute drive from campus) has old brick warehouses that have been converted to apartments and condominiums. Old Market housing is typically more expensive than other Downtown areas. The Downtown area west of the Old Market/14th Street offers a wider variety of housing styles and price ranges.
- Drake Court: 21st & Leavenworth
- Old Market Lofts: 10th & Jones
- Tip Top: 15th and Cuming
- Hillside Court Apartments: 31st & Davenport
- Westbrook Tower Apartments: 21st & Douglas
- Capitol Hill Apartments: 22nd & Davenport
- City View: 604 South 22nd Street
- The Renata at the Brandeis: 210 South 16th Street
- Residences at Old Market Place: 1113 Howard Street
- The Corvina: 915 Jones Street
- The Highline: 2223 Dodge Street
- The Wire: 100 S. 19th Street
- The Slate on 19th: 119 North 19th Street
- The Bank: 206 South 19th Street
- Kensington Tower: 505 S 16th Street
- The Flats on Howard: 2316 Howard Street
- Union Plaza: 601 S 16th Street
- The Barker: 306 S. 15th Street
- Bloc 12: 424 S. 12th Street
- Breakers: 415 Leavenworth Street
- The Atlas: 2929 California Plaza
- The Rochester: 1015 N 14th Street
- Travers Row: 2611 St Marys Avenue
An eclectic, older neighborhood with a small-town feel. Apartments are typically situated in small complexes amongst homes. The drive to campus is approximately 10 minutes. Students, faculty and staff tend to gravitate to this affordable area if they are looking to live close to campus.
West Central Omaha
Conveniently located in the middle of Omaha near Westroads/Regency shopping districts. The drive to campus is approximately 15 minutes. Many moderately priced apartment complexes are located near 90th and Dodge.
A culturally diverse area with older, smaller, reasonably priced homes and town homes. This part of town is close to the Henry-Doorly Zoo, Rosenblatt Stadium and Botanical Gardens and is approximately a 10-minute drive to campus.
The fastest growing area in Omaha. Located in a more suburban setting with moderately priced housing. Newer apartment complexes with amenities that include pools, garages and fitness centers. This area is near many new shopping areas, including Village Pointe Mall. The rush-hour commute may be 25-25 minutes to campus.
This area is mostly suburban with apartments clustered near Harrison, L and Q streets. Depending on your location, interstate access may be difficult. This may result in a longer commute (20-40 minutes) to campus.
A wide selection of moderately priced rentals, with a 15-20 minute commute to campus. These areas are the suburbs of Omaha with easy access to major interstates and freeways.
- Meridian Club: 72nd & Applewood, Papillion, NE
- Alpine Village: 86th & Harrison, La Vista, NE
- Brentwood Park: 108th & Giles, La Vista, NE
- Harrison Hills: I-80 & Harrison Street, La Vista, NE
- The Pavilion at Twin Creek: North of 36th and Hwy 370, Bellevue, NE
- Fontenelle Hills: 200 Martin Drive, Bellevue, NE
- The Vue at Bellevue: 2882 Comstock Plaza, Bellevue, NE
- Summit by Broadmoor: 3904 370 Plaza, Bellevue, NE
- The Landings: 10215 Cape Cod Landing, Bellevue, NE
- Tiburon View/Pointe: 168th & Highway 370
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The west side of Council Bluffs (near the downtown Omaha bridge) is close to campus (5-10 minute drive) and the Old Market. Council Bluffs allows easy access to the Omaha area with the only separation being the Missouri River. One benefit to living in Iowa is lower taxes.
- Highclere: 105 Landmark Drive, Council Bluffs, IA
- Valley View Estates: 720 Valley View Drive, Council Bluffs, IA
- River Park by Broadmoor: 20 South 41st Street, Council Bluffs, IA
Note: Several of the apartments listed above are managed by Broadmoor. Many Creighton students select Broadmoor apartments due to high quality and customer service. If you select a Broadmoor apartment, our admission office has $300 gift cards available to use toward first month’s rent.